Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Magic Pays for Magic"

Wow! I'm on a role tonight... 3 posts in one sitting!

I figure before anyone decides to give their own personal suggestions or encouragement, you should probably know about a rule my wife and I made at the beginning of our marriage. This would be classified as a "drag" in my last post regarding aviation fundamentals.

"Magic pays for magic"... Basically, what ever money I make from performing shows can go back into my magic. This is the beauty of magic as a hobby. It is one of the few hobbies that can pay for itself! We made this rule so I was not taking money out of our checking or savings and spending it on magic. Not that that would be bad; however, those accounts are for bills, groceries, gas, etc...

I guess in a sense, this is the "wrench in the fan" or "speed bump" on the road to being a full-time performer. In order to work full-time as a magic entertainer, I will need to have an income that will be able to sustain our monthly living costs as well as "pay for the magic". As you will probably notice in the coming posts, my road to success may be a little longer than others. Fortunately, I do a stand-up act and my overhead expenses are extremely minimal!

No comments: