Sunday, April 13, 2008

Local Public TV and Make A Wish Foundation

This weekend was eventful as I performed over two hours of walk-around magic for our local PBS Broadcast station; KIXE-TV, at their annual volunteer appreciation banquet. It put me in touch with some great new leads for potential bookings. I was also able to get a few pictures around the studio with the fancy cameras and PBS logo in the background. I know these kinds of pictures will look great on my website (under construction).

I also learned a great way to get my name out there locally. I donated a 30-45 minute show to the Make A Wish Foundation's annual silent auction. Several of the local radio stations covered the event (held at our mall) and read off names of the numerous people donating services, etc. for the foundation. Of those... Elegant Illusion Entertainment! It was a great way to give back to the community; as well as, put my name out there for the people evolved with these events that normally hold a high number of business men and women looking for quality entertainment.

Tomorrow, I go back to my nine-to-five only to daydream about going full time with the magic... as usual...

No comments: